One Great Hour of Sharing


The One Great Hour of Sharing offering reaches those near and far, sometimes changing the life of someone in distress in your own community, while at other times impacting the lives of those we may never meet. God provides the resources so that we can give back. Our abundance becomes their need and their need becomes our abundance. What if we all lived as if this is our call?

One Great Hour of Sharing is a Christian effort to empower, provide water, supply food, and give relief from disasters. Equality is the main focus of this year One Great Hour of Sharing offering.  "Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality, 15 as it is written: “The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little." 1 Corinthians 8:13-15

As we prepare for the 2015 One Great Hour of Sharing offering, let us take time to count the many ways in which God has blessed us. This year the offering will take place on any Sunday of April! Please plan to receive and dedicate the offering during your service of worship on the Sunday of April 2015 that best suits your congregation. Click below to print an Order Form. 75% of this offering is sent by the Missions Ministry team to Church World Service, official sponsor.  The remaining 25% will be used in support of ministries of compassion on Cumberland Presbyterian fields of service. Order your materials by completing the below order form.  Return it to:  Missions Ministry Team, 8207 Traditional Place, Cordova, TN 38016-7414 or e-mail it to Jinger Ellis.  The cover letter/order form and a sample of the poster and bulletin insert will be mailed out in early March.  You can also download resources below:

To donate online visit: http://ministrycouncil.cumberland.org/mmt-programs-and-projects-online-donations

For more information please visit:  onegreathourofsharing.org

Latest News

Today's eVotion

  • By Paul Earheart-Brown Saturday, Feb 13
    Focus Let yourself become open to God and the knowledge that comes from the Word. Ask God for peace at this time. Read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (NRSV) For everything there is a season, and a time for ...